According to the WPP and Millward Brown’s annual brand rankings, Apple overthrew Google from the top this year to become the world’s most valuable brand… reclaiming its title from search engine giant.
Technology brands seems to be dominating this year, but thats no surprise. According to reports, Apple took the top spot thanks to the launch of the iPhone 6 and Apple Smartwatch.
With a 67 percent increase in estimated value to USD $247bn, Apple took the leading position. The report reveals Facebook registered the biggest gain of any brand in the top 100, doubling its brand value to more than USD $70bn.
Microsoft ranks as the third most valuable brand worth $115 billion, right after Google. I guess the software giant -Microsoft- is suddenly cool again under CEO Satya Nadella.
Top 10 most valuable global brands 2015
- Apple, USD $246bn – up 67%
- Google, USD $173.6bn – up 9%
- Microsoft, USD $115bn – up 28%
- IBM, USD $93.9bn – down 13%
- Visa, USD $91.9bn – up 16%
- AT&T, USD $89.4bn – up 15%
- Verizon, USD $86bn – up 36%
- Coca Cola, USD $83.8bn – up 4%
- McDonald’s, USD $81bn – down 5%
- Marlboro, USD $80bn – up 19%