Disney has contributed $1million to assist the Orlando shooting victims. This donation goes to a fund set up by the Mayor of Orlando, Buddy Dyer. The cash donation was announced by Disney today to the OneOrlando organization and said there would be additional cash donations from its employees. Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Bob Chapek expressed his displeasure about the unfortunate incident and promised to show commitment to help those in the community affected by this barbaric act. In a tweet below, the Mayor thanked Disney for its contributions via Twitter. Other companies that have donated include Jetblue and the Orlando Magic.
— Mayor Buddy Dyer (@orlandomayor) June 14, 2016
50 people were killed and over 49 were injured by a shooter at the Pulse nightclub. Earlier this month, The shooter had made several visits to both the night spot and to an entertainment and shopping complex, Disney Springs. The shooter was however killed in a police shootout. Working with public agencies in Central Florida, Disney said it is committed to providing support to those affected.
In addition to OneOrlando, more than $3.6 million has been raised for victims through a GoFundMe campaign.
According to USA today, Hundreds of people gathered in Orlando to honor the shooting victims. Watch the short video below.
Credit – USA today