The MTN Solution Space — an initiative of UCT’s Graduate School of Business (GSB) and MTN — is seeking Africa’s next Africa innovative tech startup, as applications are opened for its 2018 Venture Incubation Programme (VIP).
Since its launch in 2016, VIP has assisted 30 startups. These include eating out app Feastfox, chat platform Chat2Brand, online emotional intelligence platform Mygrow and consumer neuroscience consultancy Neural Sense.
The programme is scheduled to kick off on 3 April while applications to the programme will close on 28 February.
Also, the Venture Incubation Programme is valued at over R300 000 and aims to provide participating startups with mentorship, access to workshops and industry expertise that will assist digital enterprise founders to develop new ventures and validate business models.
The programme also provides participants with access to funding and the MTN Solution Space’s network.
- Digital startup with focus on either Fintech, HealthTech, EdTech, AgTech, E-Commerce, Energy, IoT, Sport, News, Religion.
- A Minimum Viable Product (MVP) that has demonstrated demand and ready to further establish product/market fit.
- Team must contain at least two members, and has the right balance of skills/ability to build, test and deliver.
- Founder must be the lead participant and the whole team attend on full-time basis (present at the Solution Space 30+hrs/week during the 12 week program from 3 April – 30 June 2018)
- Entrepreneurs are hungry, committed, disciplined, doers, and coachable with desire to help other teams and contribute to the community as a whole.
- Applicants submit online application by 28 February 2018.
- The Selection Committee reviews the applications and the top 20-30 startups are selected to participate in a five-day design sprint to assess the fundamentals of the business and the team. NB! Applicants should be able to attend this bootcamp in Cape Town, South Africa between 12 – 16 March, 2018.
- Applicants are expected to cover their own costs associated with travel and accommodation.
- The top 10-15 startups from the bootcamp are selected to participate in the three-month Venture Incubation Programme in Cape Town, South Africa between 3 April – 30 June, 2018.
Do you meet the requirements? If yes, Apply here.